"Fall Into Fantasy" contains stories from Epic to Urban, High to Paranormal and everything in between. We are seeking fresh faces as well as seasoned fantasy pros for this yearly anthology to be released every September/October.
All submitted stories will be reviewed by a small committee here at Cloaked Press.
What we are seeking for this collection:
- Original, short stories created by the author submitting the story. We do not want reprints as part of our goal is to bring fresh stories to readers. We are purchasing first, exclusive rights to both print and digital publishing of this work in the world. This is for a period of one year from date of publication. During this time we ask that the author not republish or sell any secondary rights to another publisher. All other rights are retained by author.
Story ranges from 2000-7500 words.
All sub genres of Fantasy are acceptable, please include the sub genre you feel the story falls into. This is more for informational to the readers as it will be included with the listing in the anthology.
All voices are encouraged and acceptable, diversity is a wonderful thing. This extends to the characters in the stories as well. Delight and entertain us with your unique characters and the worlds they live in.
Please submit your story in .DOC or .DOCX format. This will make it easier to compile the accepted submissions.
What we would like to avoid:
- Novels or Novellas. These are too long for this collection.
- No multiple submissions. We are looking for the ONE story you want in this collection.
- No simultaneous submissions. If you have submitted this story to another anthology/publishing company, please make sure that the story is no longer in consideration BEFORE submitting for a Cloaked Press collection.
- We would like to avoid excessive gore/violence/sexual content.
- Please no stories including abuse of a child or animal. If the character's past includes some sort of abuse, please keep flashbacks subtle, and only if they are integral to the plot of your story. We want to delight readers, not horrify them.
What we give you, the author:
Selected authors will be contacted for a short bio that will be listed on that edition's page on this website, as well as in the book. Authors chosen for the collection will receive $10.00 US, as well as an author copy of the book. Additional copies, if desired, will be made available at a reduced price. After 60 copies are sold a further bonus of 3% will be sent to the author. We are hoping in the future that this compensation will be increased.
Submissions are open for our 2017 Edition of "Fall Into Fantasy" until May 25th, 2017. To be considered, please submit your story to